- Nico Hulkenberg: Finally another solid result for Renault. It looked like Palmer might have delivered P6 or P7 after running strong in the lead-up, but it was the ever-reliable Hulkenberg who finished just behind the top 5 and grabbed a few more precious points as his team reels in Haas and Toro Rosso.
- Lewis Hamilton: A familiar name among the winners list, but was pushed by Vettel all race and closed the gap in the championship battle.
- Mick Schumacher: At the race where his dad made his debut and took his maiden victory, seeing Schumi Jnr doing laps in the old Benetton was exactly what F1 needs right now.
- Sergio Perez: For whatever reason Force India just can't keep their drivers off the "losers" list. Whether Ocon should have challenged ahead of Eau Rouge or not, putting your teammate into the wall is inexcusable.
- Honda: Failed to deliver their Spec 4 engine "upgrade". No wonder Alonso went back on this claim on Thursday that we wouldn't rant and rave about their lack of performance.
- Verstappen's reliability: I'd be banning Mark Webber from coming anywhere near the garage and spooking his car if I were him. Ricciardo might be joking when he says he massages his car in a sort of "foreplay", but anything is worth a shot right now.