- Sebastian Vettel stormed from last to P4, but if that isn't enough to convince you, just imagine what he could have done for the championship if he'd won with Kimi and Verstappen behind! Only his sheepish challenge on Ricciardo near the end of the race dampened his achievement.
- Max Verstappen celebrated his 20th birthday in style with an unlikely win. You know taking the lead isn't expected when the commentators almost ignore that you're pressuring Hamilton and almost miss the overtake completely. Takes his 2nd victory, both of which came the week after Daniil Kvyat was demoted.
- Red Bull are back in the damned hunt, who knew? With Mercedes suddenly off the pace in Malaysia, could they do enough to keep Hamilton off a podium or two and bring Vettel back in to championship contention? Wild.
- Lance Stroll avoided any penalty but won't be too popular around the Ferrari garage after lurching sideways to pick up rubber on the cool down lap and destroying Vettel's rear end. With Vettel likely to take a gear-box penalty in Japan this weekend, i'd say Lance owes him a beer or two.
- Romain Grosjean cemented his reputation as a whinger once again this race, although it seems the teams are encouraging their drivers to complain vociferously these days, so who knows?
- FOM race feed director's focusing on Verstappen's family. His sisters' face is burned into my retinas forever.