We're over the hump of the triple-header and Austria gave us a race that nobody could predict and nobody will forget (although Mercedes probably wish they could). Rod gets weird in the Superquiz, we analyse the strategy calls that shaped the race and visualise the Sky commentators demise following a dramatically elongated haranguing.
Austria was a good race if your name rhymes with Saltteri or Flebastian, and damage control at best if it rhymes with Kewis. In F1 news we ask is Verstappen headed to Ferrari, is Silverstone headed to the scrap heap and is Italian F1 Racing a thing? With some lackluster races of late, Rod looks into some examples of when Formula 1 failed to deliver (clearly they need to find some weird grip).
You'd have to be an A-grade amateur to get through an entire podcast only to realise that you weren't recording, right? Heh-heh.
Yeah, so let's just say we got better with age and call the first attempt a rehearsal. This week we cover the action-packed Austrian Grand Prix, canvas all the news from the paddock and beyond, and turning a negative into a positive this will be the first episode not to feature a SuperQuiz (mostly because after the first time through Rod knew all the answers!). #Pioneers
Best of all we caught up with Formula E commentator Jack Nicholls ahead of the season finale double-header at Battersea Park. For the full "F1" Chat with Jack check out our website and hear his true thoughts about Fan Boost, what car he drives and whether Michelin are legit about returning to Formula One.
- Brawn targeted as the man to save F1: Jonathan Noble reports that Christian Horner wants F1's favourite fisherman to set the regulations straight.
- Ferrari ready to supply Red Bull with engines: Crazier things have happened.
- Pirelli and Michelin go head-to-head for 2017 Formula 1 tyre deal: What is it good for? Hopefully quality racing.
- Monza and Imola could share Formula 1 Italian Grand Prix: #StillABatterLoveStoryThanAzerbijian.
- Is now the time to change open-top racing?: Friend of the show Michael Lamonato lays down the argument for introducing cabins in F1.
- Superlicense F1 Chat: Rod catches up with Formula E commentator Jack Nicholls.
- Rod's profile on The Roar: Newest member of the Expert line up on The Roar, now bringing you a weekly column rather that just a race recap.