It's a good, old-fashioned sleep-deprived grumpcast this week as we look back at the most controversial race of the year. With team orders being the topic du jour, Rod and Zach also discuss the proposed qualifying changes, fixing the engine penalty system, we play "Kvyat or nyet" and unpack the hidden meaning of a 90's RNB classic.
It was upsetting, unpredictable and tense; the Monaco Grand Prix was divisive and we had a lot to say about it. Besides dissecting where it all went wrong for Red Bull and Daniel Ricciardo, we examine the Hamilton/Ricciardo incident, bemoan the numerous lousy overtaking attempts that went wrong and in a Superlicense first, Rod drops a meta quiz.
- Red Bull and Toro Rosso will use Renault engines next year
- Also next year, a modified version of the Halo system will be introduced
- Ron Dennis warns teams to keep their hands off the Stoff
- Rod's favourite beer Heinekken is close announcing a major sponsorship deal with F1
- Sky's Ferrari Quiz (the basis of our Ferrari meta-quiz) in the short version and extended version
Two fantastic races on the spin and Rod and Zach are back to discuss that controversial (?) first-corner incident that #robbed Hamilton of the victory, plus we find out what Nico Rosberg and Hugh Jackman have in common.