So Controversy. Much Outrage. As usual, it's up to Rod and Zach to cut through the nonsense to deliver the cold, hard facts of what really went down on the streets of Monaco, only for the banter to dissolve into a completely different kind of nonsense. For Zach's birthday race, Rod delivers a quiz takes you back in time, and find out who won (or lost, most accurately) the Monaco wager.
What a race! Glamour, controversy, you couldn't have asked for more and Rod and Zach are here to dive into all of it. Do you think refuelling is a good idea? Perhaps a refuelling SuperQuiz will help you make up your mind, and stay tuned after the show for a special "After Dark" bonus section.
- Here's all the points on the F1 Strategy Group's meeting including proposed rule changes
- Is Kimi Raikkonen going to be replaced by Valterri Bottas
- A study has found that alcohol advertising appears once every five seconds during the Monaco GP, so will it be banned eventually?
- Here's Sebastian Vettel's "Shit Lap of Monaco"
- Rod and Fake Charlie Whiting were tweeting about some Safety Car ideas, here they are fleshed out
- And a race recap discussing the poor timing of the Mercedes Monaco gaffe
It's time for another jam packed episode of the Superlicense F1 Podcast. We run over time again, but in our defence we had to cover the passing of Sir Jack Brabham, Zach's birthday, and fantastic swag of listener predictions and we suggest that Hamilton and Rosberg calm the farm ahead of the next race in Canada.
Speaking of the next race, if you're the kind of person who reads show notes you're probably also the kind of person who might get a kick out of joining us for a live-stream of the recording. So, if the stars align check out twitter (see below) and we'll let you know that it's going ahead. We'll aim for something like 30 mins after the end of the race and we'll tweet you the link for what could be a once in a lifetime event... watching us record a LIVE EPISODE OF SUPERLICENSE!!!!
- There's no argument from anybody in the whole entire world that JEV was an unsafe release. Check out this guy's great reaction.
- "Nope... Chuck Testa." No idea what I'm talking about? Watch this.
- Graham Chapman wrestling himself - play this on mute while Rod and Zach discuss the mental entanglement that Hamilton is getting himself into to unlock the podcast's bizarro mode.