In a season this continues to throw split-finger curve-balls, we reunite yet again to discuss the Verstappen/Ricciardo incident, Grosjean merry-go-round, trouble in paradise at Red Bull, the weather (of all things) and do you hear about that intra-team battle that turned sour?
*** Details of the Superlicense Melbourne meet-up are on the Facebook page ***
Well we did it. We know who won, the high is wearing off but that doesn't mean we can't have a little fun talking about the race, and contest that never was and touch on the Formula E, a Fame and Fortune SuperQuiz and some of the best audio predictions you will ever (yeah, EVER) hear!
You won't want to miss this one AND we still have a season review episode to come - good times.
- Direct link to the Melbourne meet-up on the Facebook page
- Vettel has arrived at Ferrari for the (really) pre-season testing and it's super awks
- Watch a truck jump an F1 car, amazeballs
- All round brilliant human Innocent Steph sent us some delicious biscuits so we thought we'd document the occasion
- Check us out on the E-lectric Podcast for the preview episode of the Malaysian GP (many more to come hopefully)
- The indie game that Zach mentioned is called "Thomas Was Alone" and it's available for iPhone/iPad (and probably other things). Recommended!
- Here's the super-embarrassing interview with Bernie E where he pretty much makes a mockery of Formula One
- AND finally here's friend of the show Nathan and fantastic listener David's Movember pages, please support them if you can!
Holy wow, we made it to Silverstone the land of the free and the home of the brave (literally). We talk about the race, but you probably could have guessed that, Zach throws down a Formula E quiz (don't forget, we will probably cover the FE races later in the year) and Rod teases a new interaction opportunity - TELL US YOUR F1 DREAMS! Have you dreamt that you were lined up at the Supermarket next to Jenson Button? Were you ever racing an F1 car, only to fly off the track and land on the oval of your primary school while dressed as Spiderman? We want you to email us text or audio of your F1 dream and we'll pick our favourites for the upcoming season break episode.
- What IS with that weird Silverstone sculpture? High art? We don't get it.
- You catch watch listener Roarzz's British GP simulation where he takes William Williams all the way to 7th
- I couldn't find footage of Richard Wilkins hosting "Keno", in fact we may be confusing it with "Keynotes", but here's him hosting the short-living Australian version of MTV in the 90s
- The mysterious post from Maurice Chibert, of the Superlicense theme song fame, discussing his secret project. Come on, Mo. You're meant to be our friend. Just tell us what the Formula E cars are going to sound like already!
Canada eh? Just kidding, we were ecstatic that Daniel Ricciardo took his maiden race victory in Montreal this weekend. It might not sound like it because we were pretty zapped, but I can assure you our hearts were lifted.
You can tell from the response of the crowd that it was a popular victory, even the old grinch Vettel was full of praise for smiley Dan so we felt really lucky to have witnessed it. Being able to share the experience with the fans on our first ever live stream was a big bonus (I think we'll do it again, we'll work out something around the ads, sorry again folks!).
- First thing is first... Perfect Strangers, ammirite?
- Massa v Perez v Wall. Wall wins. Who was to blame? Here's Massa's view,Perez's view, an overhead view and Vettel's view. I can't see how Perez did anything wrong. Apparently Massa is calling for a harsher penalty against Perez, I reckon if Perez can appeal the decision he probably should.
- The Audi ad (that doesn't feature Mark Webber :/) for Le Mans.
- If you missed the live stream and want to check it out the whole damned thing is here... it's warts and all including us sitting around waiting to start things, but you can't complain about lack of content this week.
- Here's the gif Roarzz made of Zach's hand gestures. Boobs, really? Why Zach?
It's been three weeks, so welcome old and new to the Superlicense F1 Podcast. This week we'll rip through the Spanish Grand Prix, throw down a "Twitter Profile Pic Quiz" and give the Monaco Grand Prix more sizzle than a fire-walking pig.
- Rod's vintage ET cartridge for Atari 2600 is not so special anymore
- Here's the trailer for the lost Roman Polanski documentary "Weekend of a Champion"
- We are among some great podcasts on this list that Jennie Gow from the BBC just tweeted
It's the Australian Grand Prix baby and we have a MASSIVE episode to drop on you. We talk you through our first-hand experience of the opening round of the 2014 season at Albert Park (we even find time to talk about the race) and we de-mystify the Daniel Ricciardo disqualification. We hope you ate your Weetbix because there's also a SuperQuiz, News and.... Rod synced up the "oh yeah!" at the end this week. So that's a plus. Yeah.
Turns out the show is so long the internet is almost full, but here's a few bits and pieces...
- Rod's video of the crowd cheering Ricciardo around the second last corner of the race
- I don't know what Zach's been smoking, but there's about a million Hofbrauhaus' around the place
- We're not "selling" Superlicense t-shirts, but if you want one we'll sell you one. They look like this (Zach not included)
Holy smokes. Following some critical technical failures Rod and Zach struggle through to recap the Japanese Grand Prix, we find out if Zach can tell the difference between a Japanese F1 Driver or a delicious Japanese delicacy, Zach waxes zen-like with a Haikuiz and we unveil the secret behind Sebastian Vettel's recent speed.
- Hamilton's "best start ever"
- Rosberg's unsafe release
- Ricciardo (left) overtaking off the track
- Vettel nearly falling off his car
- Webber glad to not be on fire
Get at us on twitter @superlicensepod, email us at email@example.com.
Superlicense and the Just Another Movie Podcast join forces to talk about Rush (whether you like it or not). We dive in to the movie with a clear demarcation of spoilers so fear not - we won't wreck it for you.
- Rush Intro
- Superlicense vs Just Another Movie Podcast
- Rush clip (SPOILERS BEYOND)
- Part 2 (Spoilers abound)
- Quiz - Finish the movie quote!
- The Chequered Flag